REVIVE Church Alexandria
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible is the inerrant, verbally inspired Word of God complete in the original writings.
Exodus 24:4; 2 Timothy 3:16
- We believe in the existence of only One, Living, and True God, the Creator of all things, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the same in essence and equal in attributes.
Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 44:6-8; Jeremiah 10:10; Matthew 28:19
- We believe Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is both True God and True Man. He lived a sinless life, died for our sins and rose again in bodily form. His personal return is imminent.
Luke 1:26-35; John1:1,14; Philippians 2:5-11; 1Thessalonians 4:13-18; 2Thessalonians 1:7-9; 1Timothy 2:5-6; Hebrews 2:14;
- We believe the Holy Spirit baptizes and indwells all believers. His role is to convict people of their sin, to convert the sinner, and empower those who are yielded to God.
John 14:26; 1Cor 12:13; 6:19; Ephesians 5:18
- We believe human beings are created by God in His image. Humans have fallen into sin, and as a result are separated from God and are completely unable to restore that broken relationship themselves. The shed blood of Jesus Christ is the only means to restore a person to a right relationship with God.
Genesis 1:26,27; Ephesians 2:1-3; 1John 1:7
- We believe that by the grace of God a person who repents of their sin and receives Jesus Christ, by faith, as Lord and Saviour is born anew of the Holy Spirit and becomes a child of God. This person we call a believer. It is these believers, regardless of denomination, that make up the true, invisible church the Bride of Christ.
Ephesians 2:8; John 1:12; Acts 2:38,39; John 11:52
- We believe God will not change His mind about our salvation. We also believe that there is nothing that can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. As believers we have the responsibility of persevering in our faith.
Num 23:19 Isa. 49:15,16 John 10:27-30 Romans 8:38,39
Matthew 24:12,13; Mark 13:13; Colossians 1:22,23
- We believe in the sanctity of human life from conception until death.
Psalm 139:13-16 Exodus 20:13 ; Genesis 1:27
- We believe in God’s design for marriage between a man and a woman for life.
Matthew 19:4-6; Genesis 2:18-2
- We believe in the resurrection of all people to face a final judgment before God the just to eternal life with God and the unjust to eternal damnation separated from God.
John 14:1-3; Revelation 20:15
- We believe in two ordinances: baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Both of these ordinances are intended only for believers.
Matthew 28:19; 1 Cor. 11:23-26
- We believe baptism is an act of obedience and a public declaration of one’s faith. We practice believer’s baptism by immersion in water.
John 3:23; Acts 8:35,36
- We believe the Bible teaches that there are assigned positions of leadership and authority within the local church. We are to pray for our leaders and submit to their authority within the local church.
Hebrews 13:17; Ephesians 4:11,12
- We believe in voluntarily associating together to maintain our worship of God. We acknowledge Jesus as the Head of the Church and we accept no other authority but His Holy Word. We agree that as part of this church we are called with all Christians to make disciples of all nations, starting in our local area, as Jesus commanded.
Hebrews 10:25 Matthew 28:18,19